Georgia Highlands College strives to assist students attain their academic goals with little-to-no student loan debt. The offices of Financial Aid and GHC Foundation, Inc. encourage incoming and current students to apply for scholarship opportunities that can help finance their education.
GHC Foundation Institutional Scholarships
Follow these simple steps to create your scholarship account:
- Be admitted as a GHC student for the current term (must have a GHC ID number)
- Have a complete FAFSA on file naming GHC as an institution of choice
- Use your GHC email to create an account on our scholarship link
- Complete the application(s) via your scholarship account
Explore our institutional scholarship listing and apply today!
State Scholarship Opportunities
Hope & Zell Miller Scholarships
The HOPE Scholarship and Zell Miller scholarship are academic-based scholarships available to students who have met the University System of Georgia (USG) and the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) residency requirements and who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree-seeking program.
- Must complete an application – FAFSA or GSFAPPS.
- Meet U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if required.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the college.
- Not be in default or owe a refund due on a student financial aid program.
- Must be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.
- Must have attempted less than 127 hours.
- Must be a final HOPE Scholar if less than 30 attempted hours.
- Must not have reached your expiration of eligibility date.
- Must not have earned a baccalaureate (four-year) degree, regardless of whether or not HOPE funds were received while earning the degree.
HOPE Scholarship requirements:
- Students may be eligible if graduated from a qualified high school with a minimum 3.0 HOPE GPA* which includes all college level coursework attempted since high school.
- Student MUST maintain a 3.0 GPA in college to maintain HOPE Scholarship Program.
*HOPE GPA is calculated by Georgia Student Finance Commission.
For more information regarding the HOPE Program, please visit GAfutures .
Zell Miller Scholarship Requirements:
- Students may be eligible if they graduated from a qualified high school with a minimum 3.7 HOPE GPA* and received a score of at least 1,200 combined Critical Reading and Math on a single administration of the SAT or a scoare of at least 26 on the ACT;
or graduated from an eligible high school as the valedictorian or salutatorian;
or completed a home study program meeting the HOPE requirements having received a score of at least 1,200 combined Critical Reading and Math on a single administration of the SAT or a score of at least 26 on the ACT earning a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 at eligible postsecondary institution at the end of the semester in which student has attempted 30 semester hours. Student will be eligible to receive Retroactive Scholarship payment for the freshman year.
2. Student must maintain a 3.3 GPA* in college to maintain Zell Miller Scholar Program.
* If the GPA falls below 3.3, the student remains eligible for the HOPE Scholarship if the GPA is 3.0 or above.
For more information regarding the HOPE Program, please visit GAFutures.
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
- All-USA & Coca-Cola Community College Academic Teams