Georgia Highlands Foundation Scholarships
Georgia Highlands College Foundation has been committed to supporting the college and our students since 1973. The Foundation is driven to enhance education, create opportunities for students, faculty and staff to succeed as well as expand the horizons of Georgia Highland College.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the GHC Foundation is pleased to make a number of scholarships available to our current students.
GHC Foundation awards over $100,000 in scholarships every year. The scholarship criteria varies greatly and may be based on age, program of study, county of residency and many other factors.
Let our scholarship search engine do the work for you. By creating a scholarship account at GHC, the search engine will provide you a list of potential scholarships that you meet the requirements for.
The steps to create a scholarship account are as follows:
• Be admitted to GHC or currently enrolled as a student
• Complete the FAFSA and include GHC as an institution of choice
• Use your GHC email to create an account on our scholarship link
• Complete the scholarship applications sent to your GHC email
Please explore scholarship opportunities and apply for scholarships online. Scholarships
Zell Miller Scholarship
Students are eligible if graduated from eligible high school with at least a 3.7 GPA as calculated by Georgia Student Finance Commission AND have received a score of at least 1,200 combined Critical Reading and Math score on a single administration of the SAT or an ACT score of at least 26
- OR graduated from an eligible high school as the valedictorian or salutatorian
- OR completed a home study program meeting the HOPE requirements, having received a score of at least 1,200 combined Critical Reading and Math score on a single administration of the SAT or an ACT score of at least 26; earning a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 at eligible postsecondary institution at the end of the semester in which student has attempted 30 semester hours. Student will be eligible to receive Retroactive Scholarship payment for the freshman year.
- Student MUST maintain a 3.3 GPA in college to maintain Zell Miller Scholar Program. If student falls below a 3.3 GPA, they remain eligible for the HOPE Scholarship if the student’s GPA is still a 3.0 or above.
Zell Miller Scholar Program will pay $90.87 per credit hour but will not cover the cost of fees or books.
- Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
- All-USA & Coca-Cola Community College Academic Teams