Transient applicants are students from another college or university who has permission from their home institution to enroll at Georgia Highlands College for one semester. Students who wish to register for more than one term must re-apply each semester, pay the $30 non-refundable application fee, and submit an updated transient permission letter.
- GHC Admissions Application
- $30 non-refundable processing fee
- Transient Permission Letter from current college, university or technical school on official letterhead, verifying that student is in good academic standing and eligible to return to the home institution
- GHC will not accept a letter of no objection (in lieu of a transient permission letter) for applicants who have been dismissed from their home institution.
- Pay $30 non-refundable processing fee
- Submit a Transient Permission Letter from your home institution
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at home institution and ask that a Consortium Agreement and/or Hope or Zell Transient Certificate be sent to GHC’s Financial Aid Office if seeking federal financial aid and/or state merit awards
- Transient students that wish to remain at Georgia Highlands College within a degree program must apply for admission as a transfer applicant and comply with all admissions requirements and policies for the appropriate enrollment category
- Transient students are expected to pay their tuition and fees by the GHC fee payment deadline.
- Transient students are not required to attend a new student orientation session and are not guaranteed course availability.
- Transients should seek advising at their home institution to make sure that the courses taken at GHC will satisfy degree requirements in their program of study.
- It is the responsibility of the student to request their GHC transcript to their home institution at the end of the semester.