Any student that has enrolled in another college is considered a transfer student.
“I was an Orientation Leader at GHC, it was a great on campus job that opened up many opportunities to meet new people, get to know the teachers on a personal level, and to make good connections for the future. I would encourage everyone to get involved in at least one activity on campus you never know what doors it could open for you.” – Megan Tillery
- Applicants who have earned less than 30 transferable semester credit hours from another college, university, or technical school are required to meet the GHC minimum admissions requirements for their enrollment category (traditional/non-traditional freshman) and be eligible to return to their previous institution.
- Applicants who have earned 30 or more transferable semester credit hours are not held to freshman admission requirements, but must be eligible to return to their previous institution.
- Transfer applicants who have been dismissed from their previous institution(s) are subject to the current GHC Academic Progress policy (p. 86 GHC 2017-2018 Catalog), and are required to sit out the allotted time (one semester for first dismissal, one year for second dismissal, and five years for third dismissal).
Steps to Enrollment
- Complete an admissions application and pay the $30 application processing fee
- Have official transcripts sent directly to GHC from “every” college attended whether you are seeking college credit or not for these courses
- If you will have less than 30 hours of transferable college coursework, have an official high school transcript sent directly to GHC
- Applicants who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, are required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Below is a list of acceptable documentation to prove lawful presence in Georgia:
- A current driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. A limited term license or a license issued for a period of less than four years is not acceptable.
- A certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory (must be delivered to a GHC campus – fax or photocopy is unacceptable)
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)/
- A current U.S. Passport
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. A limited term ID or an ID issued for a period of less than four years is not acceptable.
- Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
- Monitor the Check Admissions Status link often for updates to your application
- Register to take the placement exam through the Check Admissions Status link (if required)
- Register to attend Orientation through the Check Admissions Status link (at orientation you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes)
*A certification of immunization signed by a licensed healthcare provider is required for continued registration (after student’s first semester of attendance) at GHC.