“GHC is where I got my start. It is a college that built my leadership and academic skills that I needed to advance. The classes were small and the teachers were engaged. Thanks to Georgia Highlands, I now attend Emory University.” – Bassel RabahThe following steps to enrollment are for any student that has already earned or will have earned a Bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling at GHC.
- Applicants who have earned a baccalaureate or graduate degree must be eligible to return to their previous institution.
- Transfer applicants (including students that have earned advanced degrees) who have been dismissed from their previous institution(s) are subject to the current GHC Academic Progress policy (p. 86 GHC 2017-2018 Catalog), and are required to sit out the allotted time (one semester for first dismissal, one year for second dismissal, and five years for third dismissal).
Steps to Enrollment
- Complete an admission application and pay the $30 application processing fee
- Request official transcript(s) from any college, technical school or university that you attended (other than GHC) be sent directly to GHC Office of Admissions
- Applicants who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, are required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Below is a list of acceptable documentation to prove lawful presence in Georgia:
- A current driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. A limited term license or a license issued for a period of less than four years is not acceptable.
- A certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory (must be delivered to a GHC campus – fax or photocopy is unacceptable)
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)/
- A current U.S. Passport
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. A limited term ID or an ID issued for a period of less than four years is not acceptable.
- Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
- Monitor the Check Admissions Status link often for updates to your application
- Register to take the placement exam through the Check Admissions Status link (if required)
- After the Check Admissions Status link shows you have been admitted (*admission decisions are term specific), you may register yourself (if there are no holds on your account) via your Banner / SCORE account. If you have registration holds on your account, you may visit an academic advisor at any GHC location or contact an advisor by e-mail at email@example.com for assistance.
- As a post-baccalaureate student, you are not required to attend orientation; however, you are strongly encouraged to do so. During orientation you will meet with key members of the Georgia Highlands College advising staff and learn how to access your personal student records through Banner/SCORE, the online GHC student information system. You can schedule an orientation session through the Check Admissions Status link.
*A certification of immunization signed by a licensed healthcare provider is required for continued registration at GHC. Former GHC students may not register without satisfying the minimum USG immunization requirements.