There are two distinct groups of international applicants that include students abroad who are interested in traveling to the U.S. on an F-1 student visa (including students who are already in the U.S. on an F-1 student visa currently studying at another U.S. school) and students in the U.S. who currently hold some other type of immigration status or attended school outside the US.
Steps to Enrollment:
Please note that these are general steps to enrollment and will be tailored to your situation, once your application is processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for your application to be processed. Once processed, you can follow your status on Check Admission Status. If you do not have a Social Security number, we can use your GHC ID# to log into your account. Please follow up with the Admissions Office at email@example.com for more information.
- Complete online application and pay $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Submit transcripts:
- If you are applying for in-state tuition, submit Verification of Lawful Presence. Please note that F-1 applicants do not qualify for in-state tuition.
- Prove English Language Proficiency. English Language Proficiency is required for students who are non-native speakers of English or who transfer from an institution of higher education outside the U.S. where English was not the language of instruction are required to show English language proficiency. English Language Proficiency can be satisfied by English transfer credit, 4 units of college prep English earned at an accredited U.S. high school, or any of the assessment tests listed in the chart below:
F-1 Student Visa Category:
In order to qualify for and obtain an I-20 (certificate of eligibility for international visitors pursuing an academic degree from a U.S. college or university) you must meet the academic criteria for admissibility as well as provide proof that funding is available to cover your living and educational expenses for the duration of your enrollment at Georgia Highlands College. Once admitted, you must follow the rules and regulations required by the USCIS Customs and Immigration Services in order to maintain your F-1 student visa status.
Required F-1 International Student Forms:
- GHC Requirements for F-1 Students (Checklist)
- GHC International Student Data Intake Form
- GHC Transfer Clearance Form
- I-134 Affidavit of Support
All Other International Students:
You must meet the academic criteria for admissibility.