(or Transfer applicant under 30 credit hours)
Applicants who graduated from an accredited high school within 5 years and have not attended another institution post graduation or applicants who graduated from an accredited high school within 5 years who attended another institution and earned less than 30 transferable credits.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Complete online application and pay $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Submit an official high school and/or college transcripts.
- Georgia High School transcripts can be sent electronically (sent through a parchment service)
- College transcripts can be sent electronically through Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse
- We accept official transcripts mailed directly to GHC from your college(s):
- Georgia Highlands College
Office of Admissions
3175 Cedartown Hwy
Rome, GA 30161
- Georgia Highlands College
- We DO NOT accept faxed transcripts.
- We DO NOT accept unofficial PDF copies.
- We DO NOT accept hand delivered transcripts that are not sealed – sealed transcripts may only be opened by a GHC employee.
- If you are applying for in-state tuition, submit Verification of Lawful Presence.
- Submit Test Scores:
- If calculated high school GPA is 2.0 or higher, no test scores are required.
- If calculated high school GPA is lower than 2.0, SAT/ACT scores are required.
- GPA is calculated by GHC based on grades earned in English, Math, Natural Science, Social Science and Foreign Language coursework.
- SAT/ACT scores must be within 7 years of the testing date and must be sent electronically.
- SAT/ACT/Accuplacer can be used to exempt Learning Support classes.
- We suggest you wait until all your transcripts are received and processed before registering to test. You may register for Accuplacer with our testing department.
- Certificate of immunizationis not required for an admissions decision but must be received during a student’s first semester at GHC.
- Students wishing to use the SAT or ACT application fee waiver (or the NACAC application fee waiver) in place of paying the $30 application fee must submit a completed SAT or ACT application fee waiver form (form provided by HS counselor) along with official test scores (sent electronically). You can submit the fee waiver form to email@example.com and request a one-time use application fee waiver code to use at the end of your application.
- English Language Proficiency is required for students who are non-native speakers of English or who transfer from an institution of higher education outside the U.S. where English was not the language of instruction are required to show English language proficiency. English Language Proficiency can be satisfied by English transfer credit, 4 units of college prep English earned at an accredited U.S. high school, or any of the assessment tests listed in the chart below: