High school applicants are beginning Freshman applicants that have graduated high school within the last 5 years. Applicants who have completed a high school program that is not accredited by a regional accrediting association, please click here. Georgia Highlands College offers two Associate Degree programs that are transferable pathways and are designed for students who wish to pursue a Baccalaureate Degree.
- Hold a general diploma from a high school that is accredited by a regional accrediting association
- Have a minimum high school grade point average of 2.0
- GPA is calculated by GHC based on grades earned
- Meet Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) = 4 English, 4 Mathematics, 4 Natural Sciences, 3 Social Sciences, and 2 Foreign Languages in the same language
- Mathematics courses must include Algebra I, Algebra II, Trig or Geometry, and one more above Algebra II
- Pay $30 non-refundable processing fee
- Submit official high school and/or college transcripts
- Submit official test scores (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer)
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence
- Submit Certificate of Immunization
- Apply for Financial Aid
SAT and/or ACT Waivers: Students wishing to use SAT and/or ACT Waivers in place of paying the $30 application fee must submit a completed SAT or ACT application fee waiver form directly to GHC Office of Admissions. Official test scores must be received, processed and approved at GHC from the corresponding testing authority prior to the applicant receiving the application fee waiver code. Once official test scores are processed and approved, the applicant can email email@example.com and request an individual (one-time use) application fee waiver code.