The Dual Enrollment program (formerly known as Move On When Ready) is specifically designed to provide high school (including home-schooled students) with access to a number of opportunities for enhancing their high school curriculum and earning college credit before high school graduation. Some students are even able to earn an associate degree while in high school! Tuition and fees are covered through the program and textbooks are loaned to the student. Course specific fees, such as a science lab fee, must be paid by the student.
Home-Schooled Students need to contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional requirement information. These applicants will be evaluated based on the academic admissions requirements of a home school and/or non-accredited high school student.
- Must be a high school student age 15 or older by the first day of the semester of enrollment.
- 9th grade officially begins the Fall of the student’s 9th-grade year
- Must have a High School GPA in core curriculum classes of 3.0 or higher
- Must be on track to complete Required High School Curriculum requirements
- Must have taken the SAT, ACT Test or Accuplacer
- Accuplacer Minimums
- 67 Reading Comprehension
- 4 WritePlacer
- 84 Elementary Algebra
- 165 Total Score (RC+WP+EA)
- SAT Minimums (exam taken March 2016 or later)
- 1050 Composite
- 26 Reading and 24 Math
- ACT Minimums
- 20 Composite
- 20 English and 18 Math
- Accuplacer Minimums
Interested in participating in Dual Enrollment? Sign up to attend one of our Apply to Dual Enrollment Nights to learn more about what it means to be a take Charger at GHC!
- Submit official high school and/or college transcripts
- Submit official test scores (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer)
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence
- Submit Certificate of Immunization
- Submit Dual Enrollment Consent Form/Participation Agreement
- Complete Dual Enrollment Funding Application
- Deadline: November 1
- Classes Begin on January 5, 2019
- Deadline: March 1
- Classes Begin on June 4, 2019
- Deadline: April 1
- Classes Begin on August 17, 2019
Admissions application and all supporting documents must be submitted by the close of the business day on the deadline date. Students applying after the priority deadlines for the Dual Enrollment program may still be accepted but cannot be guaranteed course availability.
Students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA every semester to continue participation in the program.
For More Information Contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com