The Dual Enrollment program (formerly known as Move On When Ready) is specifically designed to provide high school (including home-schooled students) with access to a number of opportunities for enhancing their high school curriculum and earning college credit before high school graduation. Some students are even able to earn an associate degree while in high school! Tuition and fees are covered through the program and textbooks are loaned to the student. Course specific fees, such as a science lab fee, must be paid by the student.
Home-Schooled Students need to contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional requirement information. These applicants will be evaluated based on the academic admissions requirements of a home school and/or non-accredited high school student.
- Must be a high school student age 15 or older by the first day of the semester of enrollment
- 9th grade students are not eligible to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program
- 10th grade students who have a minimum SAT score of 1200 or minimum ACT composite score of 26 in a single national test administration may enroll in any approved courses
- Students that were 9th graders during the 2019-2020 school year and participated in Dual Enrollment during the 2019-2020 (received funding for FY 2020) year may enroll as 10th graders in any approved Dual Enrollment for the 2020-2021 year
- 11th & 12th grade students may take any approved Dual Enrollment courses listed on the Course Directory
- Must have a High School GPA in core curriculum classes of 3.0 or higher
- Must be on track to complete Required High School Curriculum requirements
Interested in participating in Dual Enrollment?
Sign up to attend one of our Apply to Dual Enrollment Nights to learn more about what it means to be a take Charger at GHC!
- Submit official high school and/or college transcripts
- Submit official test scores (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer)
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence
- Submit Certificate of Immunization
- Submit Dual Enrollment Consent Form/Participation Agreement
- Complete Dual Enrollment Funding Application
|Spring 2021||November 2, 2020||November 5, 2020||November 2, 2020||January 9, 2021|
|Summer 2021||March 1, 2021||March 4, 2021||March 8, 2021||June 7, 2021|
|Fall 2021||April 1, 2021||August 14, 2021||April 12, 2021||August 14, 2021|
- The Dual Enrollment admissions application will not be available after the application deadline. Students wishing to apply after the application deadline may still be accepted by submitting an application appeal. However, acceptance is not guaranteed and GHC cannot guarantee course availability.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA every semester to continue participation in the program.
For More Information Contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com