Any student that has enrolled in another college is considered a transfer student.
“I was an Orientation Leader at GHC, it was a great on campus job that opened up many opportunities to meet new people, get to know the teachers on a personal level, and to make good connections for the future. I would encourage everyone to get involved in at least one activity on campus you never know what doors it could open for you.” – Megan Tillery
- There is no minimum GPA requirement but students must be eligible to return to their previous institution
- Students dismissed from their current institution must sit out the allotted time (one semester for first dismissal, one year for second dismissal, and five years for third dismissal)
Steps to Enrollment
- Complete an admissions application and pay the $30 application fee
- Have official transcripts sent from “every” college attended whether you are seeking college credit or not for these courses
- If you will have less than 30 hours of transferrable coursework, have an official high school transcript sent
- Applicants who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States.
- Have your health care provider complete the GHC Certificate of Immunization form
- Register to take the placement exam through the Check Admissions Status link (if required)
- Register to attend Orientation through the Check Admissions Status link (at orientation you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes)