- Satisfactory completed the GED (General Education Diploma) as required by the state in which the GED test was administered.
- Students (under the age of 24) who submit a GED will be required to make up any deficiencies in the five academic areas of required high school coursework (English, Math, Social Science, Natural Science, and Foreign Language) as required for their chosen pathway of study. Applicants may view a complete listing of required high school curriculum courses (per USG Board of Regents standards) at the following web link, http://www.usg.edu/assets/student_affairs/documents/Staying_on_Course.pdf.
Steps to Enrollment
- Complete an admissions application and pay the $30 application fee. Students that have previously applied to GHC or been enrolled at GHC but have been out for more than one year must reapply and pay the $30 application fee.
- Provide a copy of your GED test score report (Note: GED diploma will be accepted for applicants age 24 and older)
- An official high school transcript up to the point you were enrolled (Note: required for applicants under the age of 24)
- Applicants who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States.
- Register to take the placment exam through the Check Admissions Status link
- Register to attend Orientation through the Check Admissions Status link (at orientation you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes)
*GED Applicants Under the age of 18
GED applicants under the age of 18 at the time of enrollment will be required to complete the additional steps listed below.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from individuals outside the family who are in position to speak to the students maturity and educational potential
- Provide SAT or ACT Scores that are at or above our previous freshman class average SAT score of the previous year’s fall semester first-time freshmen as detailed below in order to be consideration of admission to Georgia Highlands College.
NOTE: In March 2016, the College Board redesigned the SAT test. The highest scores on either the new SAT or the old SAT will be used to determine admissibility, however old and new versions of the SAT cannot be combined to determine eligibility for admission. Additionally, SAT and ACT scores cannot be combined.
- SAT Minimum Scores Required (testing completed prior to March 2016)
- 450 critical reading/verbal and 450 math
- SAT Minimum Scores Required (testing completed March 2016 and later)
- Reading Test Score 25 and Math Test Score 24.5 (new SAT score minimums equated to old score structure based on conversion provided at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/higher-ed-brief-sat-concordance.pdf)
- ACT Minimum Scores Required
- English 18 and Math 18