GED, General Education Diploma, students are applicants that have earned a GED but have no prior college experience.
- Must have satisfactory completed the GED (General Education Diploma) as required by the state in which the GED test was administered.
- Students that are under the age of 24 who submit a GED will be required to make up any deficiencies in the five academic areas of required high school coursework (per USG standards) as required for their chosen pathway of study
- The five academic areas are: English, Math, Social Science, Natural Science, and Foreign Language.
- Students that are under the age of 18:
- Must provide two letters of recommendation from individuals outside the family who are in position to speak to the students maturity and educational potential
- SAT/ACT (or ACCUPLACER through 2021) scores are required for applicants under the age of 18
- Pay the $30 non-refundable application processing fee
- Submit a copy of your GED test score report
- A copy of the GED diploma will be accepted only for applicants age 24 and older.
- Submit official test scores (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer), if required
- Submit the GHC Certificate of Immunization form
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence
- If required, register for placement testing.