GED, General Education Diploma, students are applicants that have earned a GED but have no prior college experience.
- There is no GPA requirements for students that have graduated from high school or earned a GED
- Must have satisfactory completed the GED (General Education Diploma) as required by the state in which the GED test was administered.
- Students that are under the age of 24 who submit a GED will be required to make up any deficiencies in the five academic areas of required high school coursework (per USG standards) as required for their chosen pathway of study
- The five academic areas are: English, Math, Social Science, Natural Science, and Foreign Language.
- Students that are under the age of 18:
- Must provide two letters of recommendation from individuals outside the family who are in position to speak to the students maturity and educational potential
- Must provide SAT or ACT Scores that are at or above Georgia Highlands Colleges’s previous freshman class average test score of the previous year’s fall semester first-time freshmen
- SAT Minumum
- 450 critical reading/verbal and 450 math for test taken prior to March 2016
- Reading Test Score 25 and Math Test Score 24.5 for test taken after March 2016
- ACT Minimum
- English 18 and Math 18
- SAT Minumum
- Pay the $30 non-refundable application processing fee
- Submit a copy of your GED test score report
- A copy of the GED diploma will be accepted only for applicants age 24 and older.
- Submit all official high school transcripts
- Required only for applicants under the age of 24.
- Submit official test scores (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer)
- Submit the GHC Certificate of Immunization form
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence
- If required, register for placement testing.