Instructional Resources/Design (eLearning and traditional)
Provides tips and resources for faculty members who are designing or redesigning a course, and serves as an intranet repository for electronic teaching resources, such as video clips, PowerPoint presentations, links to articles, handouts from development sessions, etc. In this area find materials related to assessment, classroom activities, instructional technology and more.
Carla Patterson (email@example.com)
Simon Grist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sarah Hepler (email@example.com)
- March 26 Floyd Campus Women's History Event: Rome-Area Women int he CIvil Rights Movement-Web Video and Full Event (video by GHC Digital Media Production)
- USG Faculty Development presentation topics are archived in iTunes U. These include video and audio of day-long sessions and hour-long online presentations.
- Letter from the President of Purdue, Dr. Mitchell Daniels
- "Professor of the Year Advice" article from November 25, 2012's The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Instructional Resource Center
- OneCoolTool by Sarah Hepler -- Bogged down by the Instruction and Design Blogs that update fifty-thousand times a day? At OneCoolTool, I feature one - and only one - free instructional tool a day. This excellent resource was created by one of our Cartersville librarians.
- International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning -- July 2012
- Long-Term Benefits of Learner-Centered Instruction (Magna Publication)-July 2012
- Cengage Learning free eNewsletter provides faculty members with articles and resources related to academic instruction. Subscriptions are available by completing this online form.
The Toobox--an electronic teaching and learning resource for instructors
Using Technology to Engage Students, from Start to Finish (September 14, 2012)-Click here to access the information shared from this session
Tech-Free Strategies to Engage Students, from Start to Finish (November 9, 2012)-Click here to access the information shared from this session
Governor's Teaching Fellows (GTF) (February 21, 2013)-Click here to access the information shared from this session
Mark Twain: Sci-Fi, Satire & the Sacred by Rick Bombard (March 28, 2013)-Sponsored by the Humanities Division-Click here to access the information shared from this session
Teaching Generation Z (April 23, 2013)-Sponsored by the Humanities Division-Click here to access the information shared from this session
- Lectures from IDIS1100H (click each selection to see the video):
** all participants have granted permission for the TLC to post these videos