Wi-Fi Configuration - Marietta Campus Only
Wireless setup for most devices is similar to the instructions provided for other GHC campuses. Refer to the instructions on the previous page using GHC as the network name (SSID). If you are unable to connect your device on your next visit to the campus, please stop by the Marietta ITS office (Room 211) in Norton Hall. Note this setup information *ONLY* applies to the wireless network at the Marietta campus.
ATTENTION: Your login information can be found using the GHC ID Lookup utility on SCORE.
Windows 8 / OS X:
No special configuration is necessary. Connect to the wireless network labeled "GHC" and enter your username and your 12-digit default password found by using the GHC ID Lookup utility on SCORE. If prompted to accept a security certificate, choose accept.
1. Click the wireless icon located in the lower right hand side of the screen as shown below.
2. Click "Open Network and Sharing Center"
3. Click "Manage Wireless Networks" on the left.
4. If you see any network named ghc, vespa, hornet, or guest click it and then click Remove. Then click Add.
5. Click "Manually create a network profile"
6. Enter ghc for the network name and choose WPA2-Enterprise for the Security Type. Click Next.
7. Click "Change Connection Settings".
8. Click the tab labeled "Security" at the top of the window.
9. Click the "Settings" button circled below.
10. Uncheck "Validate server certificate". Then click the "Configure" button circled below.
11. Uncheck "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)." Click OK. Click OK.
12. Click the "Advanced Settings" button as circled below.
13. 1. Check "Specify authentication mode:"
2. Select "User Authentication" from the drop down list.
3. Click the "Save Credentials" button.
14. Your login information can be found using the GHC ID Lookup utility on SCORE. Your wireless password is your 12-digit default password.
(Faculty/Staff: Type in the username and password provided by ITS)
15. Click OK, OK, Close. Wait 1 minute.
You should now be connected! Still having problems? Contact Us!