- What is my email address/password?
- How do I check my email?
- How do I use webmail?
- Can I access my email from my computer/phone?
- Can I use my laptop on the Georgia Highlands network?
- What is GHC Connect?
- What username/password do I use with the wireless?
- Does Georgia Highlands College have wireless on the SPSU campus?
- How do I change my password?
- Why should I set my security questions on GHC Connect?
- I need help with WebCT/Vista.
What is my email address/password? Top
You can find your email address and password here. After entering the required information, your user name and first-time password will be presented on the screen. Your email address will be your email@example.com.
How do I check my email? Top
Your email can be read via the web at https://www.highlands.edu/studentemail.
How do I use webmail? Top
Tutorials on using webmail can be found here: https://www.highlands.edu/site/office365
Can I access my email from my computer/phone? Top
Please follow the instructions on this page: https://www.highlands.edu/site/office365
Can I use my laptop on the Georgia Highlands wireless network? Top
Yes. Just go to http://www.highlands.edu/wireless for full setup instructions.
What is GHC Connect? Top
GHC Connect is a system that allows you to:
- Reset your password from anywhere - in case it has expired or if you just want to update it.
- Set your security questions - this is an important feature you should set the first time you login. This will allow you to reset your password if your current pas sword has expired. Just choose forgot password from the login page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Sign up for text messaging - be notified of general announcements, severe weather alerts, or emergencies on your cell phone.
What username/password do I use with the wireless? Top
You will use the same username/password that you use to access your email. For full setup instructions goto http://www.highlands.edu/wireless. If you have any problems, you will need to stop by the IT department on your campus so that we can troubleshoot your setup. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Georgia Highlands College email account with questions about wireless access.
Does Georgia Highlands College have wireless on the SPSU campus? Top
Yes. Students can use SPSUs wireless network with their GHC network username and password. There is an SSID of ghc, which uses a web based authentication mechanism and your Highlands credentials. All you need is a wireless client, which you can get from SPSUs helpdesk in building H or from GHC IT in E 103.
If you have done these and are still having problems, please call us at 706-295-6775 or 678-872-8086. You can also email us at email@example.com.
How do I change my password? Top
You can change your password by visiting GHC Connect, clicking the password tab and completing the form.
Why should I set my security questions on GHC Connect? Top
If you forget your password, you can use your security questions/answers to reset your password from anywhere without having to contact IT. Please configure your security questions through GHC Connect.
I need help with WebCT/Vista Top
Please refer to the help page listed here: http://www.highlands.edu/site/it-vista-faq