I have taken online courses from a number of schools, and I know that in order to be successful you need the following:
- You need to be self-motivated; nobody is going to make you do the work.
- You need to be organized and self-disciplined. Due dates are typically non-negotiatble.
- You need to be assertive and ask for help when you need it.
- You need to have daily computer/internet access.
- You need to be tech savvy and be able to use Word, PowerPoint, Prezi, YouTube, Desire to Learn, Turnitin.com, and other programs.
- You need to want it.
Georgia Highlands has developed the following to help you decide if you are ready to take an online course. Follow the link and decide for yourself: