How are online courses structured?
- Almost all graded activities happen online
- Each week you have a quiz and a written assignment
- You must have a textbook - most activities come from the textbook
- Some of our assignments require you to generate content and upload it to the web.
- Quizzes are multiple-choice questions with two attempts possible
- Written assignments come from the book
- Tests (usually 3 during the semester) are multiple-choice as well but only one attempt is allowed
- An in person Final Exam is required at the Testing Center by GHC
- Some classes have recorded lecture videoes and tutorials
- You must feel comfortable with a computer and need internet connection
- Every attempt is made to do everything online - but video conferencing for problems is available
- Grades typically approximate in-class grades
- You will need to be self motivated and dedicate time for the course
Did I forget anything? If so email me at bjones(at) highlands.edu .
Summer Courses -> Macroeconomics and Microeconomics
For a list of expectations of our online students, see this link: What to Expect
Here is a link to some preliminary files for Spring (Tentative):