Information Technology Guidelines for Academic Affairs
Georgia Highlands College is committed to providing technology support for instruction to the greatest extent possible, with recommendations about appropriate technology for curriculum and learning outcomes from faculty forming the basis for decision-making.
- Students receive a Georgia Highlands College e-mail account automatically during the class registration process each semester.
- The technology fee of $50.00 per student per semester helps support computer acquisition, installation, maintenance, and training.
- Students have access to computers at various instructional sites through computer enhanced classrooms and computer cluster areas, in addition to the Testing and Tutorial Centers.
- Evaluation of Instructional Technology at Georgia Highlands College will continue and involve faculty, staff, and students.
- Future planning for Georgia Highlands College Instructional Technology is accomplished through the Technology Replacement Plan, a life-cycle replacement plan for computer hardware.
Reviewed by Cabinet 3-20-06