Policies of the Nursing Admission Committee(s) for Generic Students and Career
Mobility Transition Students
1. The Admissions Committee consists of the Director of the Nursing Program, two nursing faculty members and the Registrar of the college. Faculty members must have been employed at Georgia Highlands College for a minimum of three years. The Director of the Nursing Program, who shall serve as chair, may appoint additional members. The Administrative Secretary of Health Science will serve as a non-voting member. The members of the Admission Committee are not for public knowledge.
2. The Admission Committee shall meet when needed for consideration of applications for admission to the nursing program.
3. The Admission Committee shall report to the Academic Dean of Health Sciences.
4. The Admission Committee shall review, consider, and decide on acceptance of applicants for admission to the nursing program based on the qualifications specified in the catalog, the number of available spaces and the pool of applicants.
5. The Admissions Committee has the right to determine program requirements for admission based on the Nursing Curriculum courses as outlined in the catalog.
6. The Admissions Committee may place students, if the students meet all qualifications for admission, on a waiting list to be considered if space becomes available
7. The Admissions Committee may make judgments about the qualifications of students based on the time since courses have been taken, repeated courses or personal factors that impacted academic records.
8. A brief report of the committee decisions will be recorded and kept on file in the office of the Director of Nursing.