Annual Dragon*Con Trip
August 29, 2013 to September 2, 2013
What is Dragon*Con?
The best answer to this question can be found on the Dragon*Con website: www.dragoncon.org.
Tentative trip cost is $85.00. Trip costs does NOT include convention membership or transportation.
Students will be responsible for going to www.dragoncon.org and purchasing their own convention membership for the weekend. Registrations currently cost $85.00 with prices increasing to $100 on 2/15, $115 on 7/15, and $130 for all purchases after 8/15 or at the door.
Tentatively, trip cost covers:
- hotel (Thurs-Sun night, approximately 1.2 miles from convention event locations with FREE shuttle service and MARTA within walking distance)
- hot dinner in the hotel room on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
- snacks, breakfast items, and drinks in each room (while supplies last)
Transportation is the responsibility of each participant. Many students opt to car pool and share parking fees for the weekend. Using a MARTA station with long-term parking and riding MARTA into the city is also an option.
We currently have space for 28 participants. Registration will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
Priority Registration for Currently Enrolled Students: Feb 1st to May 1st
Trips fees and waiver forms should be sent to Michelle Abbott @ the Cartersville Campus (can be sent from any campus via GHC courier). Students will NOT be able to register in the student life offices, business offices, or main campus offices.
Checks should be made out to: GHC Gaming Club. If the student's name is not the name on the check, please include the student's name on the For line.
Alumni and guests of currently enrolled students (limit 1 per student) may register between May 1st and July 31st. Trip cost for alumni and guests is $115.00 (student life funds cannot be used to cover hotel or food costs for alumni or guests).
1. Registration Information: (Must be emailed to Michelle Abbott, email@example.com, BEFORE turning in trip fees and waiver)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Badge Name (up to 17 characters)
- Full Mailing Address (including, city, state, and zip code)
- Cell or home phone number (for Michelle's use only)
- Email address (will be shared with Dragon*Con)
- Birthday (day/month)
2. Health Information: (Must be emailed to Michelle Abbott, firstname.lastname@example.org, BEFORE turning in trip fees and waiver.
- Emergency Contact: First Name, Last Name, Relationship to Participant, Phone Number
- Food, Drug, or Environmental Allergies
- Chronic Health Problems (asthma, seizures, eating disorder, diabetes, etc.)
- Medications (prescription and over-the-counter)
- Internal Metal (pins, screws, plating, etc.--visible piercings do not need to be listed)
PLEASE NOTE: This information will be kept confidential and will only be used in an emergency.
3. OSL Student Travel Waiver: https://www.highlands.edu/inc/files/userfiles/6-3b0a26bc68368a7-TravelWaiver-Student.pdf (Please print, sign, and deliver to Michelle Abbott or your nearest OSL office will your trip fees. This waiver will be good for the 2013-14 school year and must be dated 7/1/13 or later.)
Questions? Contact Michelle Abbott, 404-545-8676/ email@example.com, or one of the campus officers.