Associate Professor of English
Humanities Digital Liaison
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 706-368-7776 (email is the best way to reach Prof. Bishop)
- Current Office Hours: MW 9-10:45, 12:30-1:45; TR 10-noon; by appointment
Recently Taught Courses
- ENGL 1102 (Online, 2 sections; F2F)
- ENGL 2116/7 (Intro/Adv Creative Writing)
- ENGL 1102 (Online, 2 sections)
- ENGL 1102, Composition II (F2F: MW 11-12:15, MW 2-3:15)
- ENGL 1102, Composition II (Online)
- ENGL 2111, World Literature I (Online)
- CRNs: 80669, 80859 (ENGL 1102, Online)
- CRN: 80097 (ENGL 1102, F2, MW 11-12:15p)
- CRNs: 80673, 80674 (ENGL 2116/2117, Intro & Adv. Creative Writing)
About Professor Bishop
Jesse Bishop has been teaching at GHC since January, 2005, serving in a variety of roles. A graduate of Floyd College and the University of West Georgia, he holds degrees in psychology, English, and soon a doctorate in Education focusing on School Improvement and Instructional Technology. In 2010-2011, he was named a Governor's Teaching Fellow in the Institute of Higher Education at the University of Georgia. In addition to teaching composition, literature, creative writing, and interdisciplinary courses, Professor Bishop is co-advisor to the GHC literary magazine, Old Red Kimono.
His research interests include social media use in higher education, research-based writing pedagogy, instructional design and technology, Herman Melville, Tony Hoagland, and representations of masculinity in contemporary American poetry and prose. His poetry and essays have been published in several journals, including The Yalobusha Review, Pebble Lake Review, and O'Tempora Magazine. His poems have been nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
A Jacksonville, FL, native, he currently resides in Rome, with his wife, daughter, son, and a completely neurotic dog. Currently, he is in a very complicated relationship with his dissertation. When not teaching, reading, researching, writing, or grading papers (like that happens), Professor Bishop enjoys coaching his daughter's soccer team, attending Rome Braves' baseball and Falcons' football games, watching horror films, and going to concerts.