Home > Math 0097 > Dilshad Akrayee > How to Pass Math Tests
How to Pass Math Tests
- Do your assignments on time, ask the instructor if you have questions, and check your homework often.
- Take advantage of practice tests.
- Identify your areas of weakness.
- Check in with your classmates and plan for a study date at the library or find a friend or family member for any help using a study program.
- Take advantage of the free tutoring provided by GHC.
- During the test, answer all of the questions you know first then try to answer all other questions. Do not spend a lot of time on a question that you cannot solve easily.
- Use your test time wisely when taking any math test, estimate how much time you need for each question.
- Do not over think the problems.
- Listen to your professor attentively and ask questions in the class.
- Do two-way communications with your professor.
- You are allowed to use your calculator in Math 99 tests.
- Buy the textbooks and supplies a month before your class begins.
- Do not miss any class.
- Take notes in the class.
- Pay special attention during the instructor’s demonstrations.
- Trust yourself and expect that you can pass any tests.
- Know what materials will be tested.
- Prepare ahead of time for the test.
- After finishing your test, check your answers. Do not leave any question unmarked. With multiple choice tests, if you do not know the answer just guess it.
Page last updated: July 16, 2013