Georgia Highlands African-American and Minority Male Excellence
Brother 2 Brother
GHAME / B2B Contract
As a participant in the GHAME Initiative, and if you choose, a member of Brother 2 Brother, you must agree to participate in the activities and requirements of the program, as long as they do not interfere with your classes.
Listed here are the primary expectations that GHAME has of you as well as elements that you can expect from GHAME:
- You must attend class. Notify your GHAME advisors if you have to miss a class.
- You cannot drop a class or change your class schedule without first discussing it with your GHAME advisors.
- You must consult GHAME advisors about any change in work hours or other outside activities that might interfere with your class or study time.
- If you are a full time student, we recommend that you spend a minimum of four hours in the Tutorial Center every week—or four hours in the college library—and that these four hours become a regular part of your schedule every week. You may work with tutors during this time, or you may work alone on classwork or studying. We will check with you periodically to see how well you are managing these hours.
- You must meet with GHAME advisors twice a semester to discuss your academic progress.
- When you sign up to participate in the GHAME initiative, you are automatically eligible to become a member of Brother 2 Brother (B2B), which is the GHC chapter of a national organization dedicated to improving the retention and graduation rates of African American and Latino male students. As an active member of B2B, you will be expected to follow and respect all requirements and rules outlined in the constitution of that organization.
- Workshops, luncheons, speakers, and field trips will be scheduled periodically. B2B meetings will be held weekly. You should plan to participate in as many of these activities as you can.
- As much as possible, you will work with us and our community partners the 100 Black Men of Rome-NW Georgia on mentoring and community service projects.
- As much as possible, you will help us recruit new students and members into the GHAME initiative.
- In your 2nd year at GHC, you will serve as a peer mentor to new GHAME/B2B students.
- As a part of the GHAME initiative and B2B, you will receive regular academic advising and financial aid counseling.
Your GHAME/ B2B advisors will work with you to try to resolve any issues that are preventing your success.
- You can expect to have access to your GHAME/B2B advisors at all times.