Home > Advising > Transfer Advising
Maximize Your Transfer Power!
Students who earn their associate’s degree from Georgia Highlands can receive credit for it at any University System of Georgia (USG) institution within the same major.
- See Board of Regents Minutes, October 2009, for more details on transfer acceptance of credits between USG schools:
Transfer Planning Steps While at GHC
- Steps for Transferring from GHC to a Four-Year Institution
- Selecting a Four-Year School
- Links to Top GHC Transfer Schools
- Additional links to Georgia institutions--public and private
Make sure your Transfer School is Accredited!!!
- Always verify accreditation before applying to another school.
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is the accrediting agency in the GHC region:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- To find the accrediting agency for schools outside the SACS region:
- The Department of Education
- *When in doubt, contact the accrediting agency in your region AND contact a state college or university to inquire whether they will accept credit from the college you are applying. Accreditation gives your degree worth!
Final Steps in Your Transfer Transition
Articulation Agreements & Transfer Policies
- See our Transfer Articulation page
College Search Tools (look up details of potential transfer schools)
- CollegeBoard - College Matchmaker
- National Center for Education Statistics - College Navigator
- Peterson's College Search Guide
- SallieMae's College Search Tool
- The Princeton Review - Best College Search
Further Information to Aid You in Your Transfer
It Never Hurts to Ask!
- Ask the school you plan to transfer to whether they offer 'transfer scholarships.'
Page last updated: March 23, 2016