Frequently Asked Questions
What is D2L?
D2L is short for the Desire-2-Learn Learning Environment, a learning management system used by many (but not all) GHC instructors. It is widely used in all colleges in the Georgia University System. D2L replaced Vista in 2013.
How do I log in?
For detailed instructions, click the "Get Started" link in the menu (above) for how to get your username and password, and where to go to log in.
How can I change my initial password?
1. Log in to D2L.
2. Open the "My Settings" widget on your "My Home" page.
3. Click "Change Password."
I am having problems logging in, now what?
1. First, be sure to read the first 3 pages under "Get Started."
2. Allow 24-36 hours after you register at GHC for your courses to get to D2L.
3. You can check the 24/7 online D2L Help site for assistance.
I don't see a course I registered for in the "My Courses" widget. Why?
1. It takes 24-36 hours after you register for a course in Banner/SCORE for the course to show in "My Courses" in D2L.
2. Check SCORE to see if you are registered for the course correctly in Banner.
I forgot my password, what should I do?
Go to the D2L login page and click the "Forgot Password" link. Follow the onscreen instructions and you will receive a password-reset confirmation email to the primary email address for you in Banner (your GHC student email).
I don't seem to be getting the password-reset confirmation email. Why?
1. It may take some time for the email to reach your student email, so be patient!
2. Check your GHC email account for the email called "donotreply."
3. Have you changed where your GHC email goes? If so, check that email.
I'm having problems, where can I get help?
To find out how to get online and one-on-one assistance, click the Help link on the menu above.
I know how to use Vista, is D2L the same?
The basic functions of Learning Management Systems are pretty much the same: for example, you can access your courses, send email, join discussions, turn in assignments and take quizzes, etc.
But different Learning Management Systems may do the same thing in different ways. So yes, you will easily understand how to do most things in D2L, but it may take a few minutes to figure out how to do others.
Will my courses in D2L look like they did in Vista?
Yes. Although some instructors may rebuild their courses in D2L, most will probably make only minor changes.
You will, however, be using a different LMS, so while the content will look the same, some things on the page will look and may work differently, and you will interact with the system in new ways. So you can expect only minor changes, for the most part.
Will I still be able to access Vista after D2L goes live?
Yes. You can access GHC Vista until the end of January 2012.
When can I access my courses D2L?
Spring Semester 2013 courses will be available for student access on January 5th, the first day of the semester.
You have reached the last page of the Getting Started Tutorial.