When you click a course title in the My Courses widget on your My Home page, the Course Home page opens.
Each of your courses has its own Course Home page, with a navbar and widgets.
There are two ways to get to course content: The Content link and the Content Browser.
- Use the Content link if this is the first time you are looking at the course content so you see the table of contents and all the course modules in one window.
- Use the Content Browser if you know which module you want to view.
1. The Course Home Navbar
There are eight links on the Course Home navbar (Fig 1):
- Course Home returns you to the Course Home page.
- Content opens the Table of Contents for course materials.
- Discussions opens the Discussions Tool.
- Dropbox is where you turn in assignments (essays, etc.).
- Classlist shows who is in the class, and allows you to email them.
- Grades shows grades for quizzes, assignments, etc.
- Chat opens the Chat Tool.
2. The Calendar Widget.
The Course Calendar Widget displays upcoming events specific to the course you are looking at.
3. The News Widget
The News widget shows information posted by the instructor.
There may be more news items than yopu see in the small widget, so to see all news for a course, click the link at the bottom. This opens the full News window, where you can view all news items.
4. The Content Browser Widget
You can get to course content modules, or topics in the modules by clicking a link in the Content Browser, or if there are topics in a module, by clicking the > next to a module, which shows the links to the topics.
To continue, click the "next" arrow...