The Calendar tool allows you to arrange and visualize your course events in multiple views and enables integration of the course content and your Calendar.
Use the pull-down menu on the Calendar widget to go to the Calendar Tool.
There are two different types of events in the Calendar tool:
• Availability events
Availability events indicate the availability and due dates of course objects in the Calendar tool. Once you are enrolled in a course, all objects for that course that you enable to display in the calendar will be visible. You can set due dates for course objects, edit, and delete availability events directly from the Calendar tool.
• General (Content) events
These are events you create within the Calendar tool.
Calendar Interface overview
The screenshot below shows the following:
- The calendar views
- The calendar content browser
- The calendar menu
- The mini calendar
- The task pane
1. Use the calendar views area to toggle between different display layouts for events in the calendar content area.
- Use the Agenda view to group your course events by Date, Course, or Category - events display in chronological order, and all-day events display at the top of each grouped listing.
- Use the Day, Week, and Month views to group your events in daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
- Use the List view to filter your events by Dropbox, Checklists, Discussions, Grades, Materials, Modules, Quizzes, and Surveys.
2. The Calendar content: Finally, you can Print, adjust your calendar Settings, or Browse through your calendars. Inside the calendar content area, you can browse through your calendar.
3. Use the calendar menu to select multiple calendars to display, change the color scheme associated with individual calendars, and add new calendars.
4. Use the mini calendar to navigate quickly to a specific day, week, or month.
- To view a specific day in detail, click the Day calendar view, then click on the day you wish to view in detail in the mini calendar. Your calendar content will load to the day selected in the mini calendar.
- To view a specific week in detail, click the Week calendar view, then click on any day in the week you wish to view in detail in the mini calendar.
- To view a specific month in detail, click the Month calendar view, then click on any day in that month you wish to view in detail in the mini calendar.
- To browse through the mini calendar's months, click the Show [Previous Month] and Show [Next Month] icons.
5. Use the task pane to create, track, and maintain personal tasks.
Setting up Your Calendar Display
Once you are enrolled in a course as a student or instructor, its events are automatically added to your Calendar tool. To see course events when you use the Calendar tool for the first time, select the course from the calendar menu. This will "activate" the course calendar and show its availability events.
You can switch your current org unit by changing your active course calendar. Select a course from the calendar menu to activate it.
To continue, click the "next" arrow...