The Calendar tool allows you to arrange and visualize your course events in multiple views and enables integration of the course content and your Calendar.
There are two different types of events in the Calendar tool:
• Availability events
Availability events indicate the availability and due dates of course objects in the Calendar tool. Once you are enrolled in a course, all objects for that course that you enable to display in the calendar will be visible. You can set due dates for course objects, edit, and delete availability events directly from the Calendar tool.
• General (Content) events
These are events you create within the Calendar tool.
Calendar user interface
The calendar management area contains tools for customizing how calendar content appears. From this area, you can:
• change the color scheme of individual courses
• import events from iCal files into the Calendar tool
• toggle calendars to display the courses you want to focus on
• subscribe to an iCal feed, which syncs the Calendar tool to your personal calendar
• view individual course schedules
The calendar views enable you to toggle between different display layouts for events in the calendar content area. Use the Agenda view to group your course events by Date, Course, or Type - events display in chronological order, and all-day events display at the top of each grouped listing. Use the List view to filter your events by Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes, Surveys, Readings, and Classes/Units.
Use the Task pane to create and maintain personal task lists.
Access the Calendar tool
Do one of the following:
• Click Calendar on the navigation bar.
• Click the Calendar icon in the Events or Calendar widget.
• Click an event in the Events widget.
To continue, click the "next" arrow...