Self-directed Study (Chapter 12)
Agents to Treat Fungal Infections
1. List the 2 main problems with treating human fungal infections.
2. List the 4 main drug groups currently in use and a brief description of how they work
3. What drug is the representative Macrolide polyene?
4. List 4 examples of Azoles:
5. Which drug is the preferred treatment for the most stubborn cases of Athlete’s foot?
1. List 2 examples of synthesized quinolones currently used to treat malaria.
2. Which drug is an amoebicide that is effective in treating Entamoeba histolytica infections?
3. List 2 broad-spectrum antiparasitic drugs that are used to treat roundworm intestinal infestations.